Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage to your residential or commercial property is commonly unexpected and seems to happen at the most unexpected times. SERVPRO of Windham & Windsor Counties is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist with your water damage event. Our team of trained, industry-certified, professionals will arrive swiftly and immediately begin water mitigation services. From extracting water, removing damaged debris, organize affected personal belongings, and installing commercial drying equipment are the opening steps when our technicians arrive. Prior to the arrival of SERVPRO of Windham & Windsor Counties staff, here are a few tips and actions you as the property owner can take to limit further water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (802) 674-8004
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.